Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Humphrey the Whale

Aden has been studying whales at school for their reading and science lessons. So while we were picking out books at the library last week I was excited to see a book about Humphrey the Lost Whale and showed it to Aden. He hadn't heard of it so I explained that it was true story that happened near where he was born and that we used to windsurf on that river. He has heard is talk about rio vista but not Humphrey. 

He seemed interested so we checked out the book and sent it along with him in his book bag for read-to-self time this week. We even put a post-it note inside to help him remember how his birthplace is nearby the settig f the story.

Well, tonight I asked him if he read it yet and he said "No" (he seems apprehensive about reading stuff from home since the other kids don't do that, but his teacher has approved of it), "but I did see a Reading Rainbow video about it!"

Apparently his teacher also thought this would be a nice story to go in with their section on whales. Do you think Aden mentioned anything about the coincidence during class? You know Aden....

YouTube Video:
Reading Rainbow Humphrey the Lost Whale A True Story
http://youtu.be/1e2Ht_sinPM




Aden's explanation on YouTube:


No comments:

Post a Comment